Thursday 29 June 2017

T Rex Mudhoney II, Again

I'm in two minds about posting about repairs on stuff I've already covered, but maybe highlighting common faults will help someone else troubleshoot. I got another Mudhoney II to look at, and this had the exact same issue as the last one.


Bypass didn't work. No power at the flip-flop IC that drives the switching JFETs. The trace to this IC was broken in the exact same way as the last one. It runs right along the edge of the PCB and underneath the jacks so this is probably a common fault.


Before
A jumper to the jack restores power and everything works.

After

This is kind of a shame, as it sounds great (dual RAT). If you have one with this problem then check this connection. If I had one that was working I would probably add a wire as insurance.




No comments:

Post a Comment